Create An Apple Peeled Skin Effect In Illustrator
In this premium tutorial, I will be showing you how to create this super cool peeled skin effect from scratch. You will learn how to draw a 3D apple in illustrator and wrap it with a seamless texture. I will also show you how to create the teared skin edges easily!Difficulty: Intermediate
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (13 pages)
- Step by step tutorial to create a 3d apple from scratch
- Learn the trick to create seamless skin using 3D effects
- Easy to follow with screenshot for every step
- Complete the tutorial easily in 26 steps
- Comes with source file for easy reference
- 30 days money back guarantee if not satisfied
1. We will start by drawing the apple skin. First turn on your grid by pressing Ctrl+'. Go View>Lock Guide and make sure it is checked. Now, draw a rectangle and fill it with red. Next, draw another rectangle below it and set it to orange. Duplicate a row of the skin by Alt/Option dragging the first skin. Click Ctrl/Command+D to duplicate 2 more skins below.
2. Select the skin and use the Shear Tool and drag the sides until the top skin edge meets in line with the 2nd skin edge as shown above.
3. To ensure that it will tile properly later on. You can drag a copy to the side and see whether it tiles seamlessly.
4. We will now make this a symbol so that we map it on our apple later on. Open up your Symbol Palette from Window>Symbols. Drag your skin into the symbols palette to create a new symbol.
5. Let's begin to draw the apple. We will draw half of the apple's section. Using your Pen Tool, draw the shape beside the line of axis. Make sure you draw a straight line at the line of axis.
4 thoughts on “Premium Tutorial: 3D Apple Peeled Skin”
Cool blog, like what I read. Will be back to read more. Adding to RSS feeder. Bob
Fab and innovative idea! The tutorial shows some nice techniques, cool end results.
Thanks for sharing, Tony!
Simple but great for those just starting in design.
Unknown can be closely like me. Again yet I experience take the trouble doing it.
Comments are closed.