In this tutorial, we will explain how to illustrate a coconut tree and a beach. The coconut tree is located at the corner of the scene. Illustrating the sky and sea background will be easy but illustrating the coconut tree and its leaves will be a little difficult. Let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (17 pages, 49 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic coconut tree on a beach
1. Draw a rectangle and fill it with the appropriate gradient.
2. To create the sea, draw a shape using Pen Tool below the last shape.
3. To create an appropriate color for the sea, go to Object > Create Gradient Mesh and set as shown below. Create a new shape and then fill it with the linear gradient as shown below.
4. Select the upper nodes using Direct Selection and fill them with dark blue. Select the right nodes and fill them with brighter blue.
5.Select the left nodes using Direct Selection Tool and fill them with bright blue.
6.Fill the lower nodes with brighter blue according to previous steps.
7. To create some colors between the last colors or limitation of the colors, make new nodes using Gradient Mesh Tool wherever necessary.