Ever wonder how to draw your guitar using Adobe Illustrator? In this tutorial, I will teach you how to create a photorealistic electric guitar in illustrator. In a few easy steps, you will be able to create wood texture effects using film grain and distort effect. Also, I will go into the details of drawing the metallic bridge and nuts using gradients and blends.
Hope you enjoy this tutorial.
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (57 steps)
- Detailed step by step tutorial
- Learn the techniques to create a photorealistic electric guitar
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
1. Open up a new document, then create a new layer and name it "Guitar Body". Grab the Pen Tool (P) and draw a basic guitar body shape. In the Gradient Panel, add a linear gradient with 2 colors stops and apply them to the object.
2. Copy the previous shape and use the Direct Selection Tool (A) to move anchor points at the top to make it shorter. Once completed, you can add different gradient colors. Select the object and place it above the first object.
3. Create the copy of the previous shape and just scale it down a bit. Then, open up the Transparency Panel and change the Blending Mode to Hard Light (Opacity 50%).
4. Select the Line Segment Tool (\) and draw five vertical lines with different thicknesses and arrange them as shown. Color them with a solid color (R=130 G=23 B=28). Select all and just use the Blend Tool (W) (click anywhere on each object you want to blend, but avoid anchor points).
5. You will need another copy of the object we have created in Step 2 and place it above the blended object. Select both, and go to Object > Envelope Distort > Make with top object (Alt+Ctrl+C). You will get something like on the image below. In the Transparency Panel change the Blending Mode to Color Burn (Opacity 25%) and put the object above everything.
3 thoughts on “Premium Tutorial: Electric Guitar”
it look enjoyable, i will try 54 page making new style guitar with that tutorial 🙂
I think this Premium Tutorial Electric Guitar is work..
my most photo
Comments are closed.