In this illustrator tutorial, we will learn how to create golden style text with diamonds using appearance palette and scatter brushes. You will learn lots of new techniques on applying transform effect, offset path and seamless pattern on appearance palette. At the end of the tutorial, I will also show you a trick on how to scale your graphic style properly without any glitches. This tutorial contains detailed step by step descriptions, so it will be easy for any beginner to follow. You will no longer have any difficulties creating great text effects and style of your own after this tutorial. So let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (50 steps)
- Detailed step by step tutorial
- Learn to create golden text effects
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
1. First create a background. Take the Rectangle Tool (M) and create a rectangle of black color. We will be creating the font of golden color and I believe it will look most rich on a black background. Black is often used in luxury goods advertising and it looks more sophisticated.
2. Now choose a font which we will use as a sample when creating the new style. I decided upon the Adobe Garamond Pro Regular font and picked the G sign. In order to make it more convenient to work with, we need to choose a large size for the font. In this case, I chose the font size of 500 px.
3. Now transform the text into object, select the G sign, and go to Object > Expand.
4. After this step is done, the text transforms into object. It represents a Compound Path which is located in a group. Ungroup the object (Shift + Cmd + G).
5. Select the object and fill it with linear gradient consisting of two colors: brown (C = 51; M = 84; Y = 78, K = 78) and light brown (C = 26; M = 55; Y = 100, K = 19). Use a linear gradient with alternate cark and light brown colors as shown below.
6. Now we need to create the illusion of volume. Open the Appearance palette (Window>Appearance), select the gradient fill and go to Effect > Distort & Transform > Transform and set the values shown in the figure below.
4 thoughts on “Premium Tutorial: Golden Text with Diamonds”
can u giv me website sfor the tutorials of photoshop,illustration and image ready
28. Select all the lines and two polygons, now press the Divide verdelen button from the Pathfinder Palette.
please explain this step as i keep getting part of the diamond as a group?Thanks to send me a mail back.
Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established
blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Many thanks
I am a premium member; why can’t I download the rest of the tutorial! I am incredibly frustrated here!!!!!!!
Comments are closed.